During the procedureA day surgery procedure, liposuction is performed under general anesthetic, though small areas of liposuction can be done under local anesthetic as well. The length of surgery is dependent on the location and amount of fat removed.
Minimal access incisions (5 mm typically) are used near to the surgical site and can often be hidden in natural skin creases or moles.
The compression garment is put on at the end of the procedure.
After Your Surgery
Post procedureHere are some things to expect after your surgery:
• It’s normal for some fluid to leak from the small incision sites for up to 48 hours after the operation.
• The garment is removed for the first time one week after the procedure. It is to be worn day and night for the next four weeks (other than in the shower).
• Bruising at the site of surgery an last 7-14 days.
• You may resume regular daily activities the next day, but should refrain from vigorous exercise for 4 weeks.
• Typically patients will require 1-5 days of downtime.