Dermal fillers are a class of injectable materials used to fill depressions of wrinkles present without facial animation. There are many types of dermal fillers categorized by the primary material being injected.
These fillers can make several facial features considerably less prominent, including:
- Plumping of both the upper and lower red lips*
- Decreasing fine vertical lip lines
- Minimizing wrinkles around the mouth
- Concealing pitting acne scars
- Improve the appearance of smile lines on the cheeks (nasolabial folds) and jowl lines (marionette lines).
The effect of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers can be appreciated immediately following the procedure and tends to last up to 9 months.
*Following lip augmentation, bruising and swelling may occur for up to 4 days.